Strong brew hidden under a speckled cloud of minted whipped cream and grated chocolate.
On a scale of 1 to 5
1 = My baby niece can have a sip
2 = Better buzz on light beer
3 = Comparable to Gin and Tonic
4 = After a few of these and I'm ready to dance on the bar
5 = What's my name again?
SWEET —–|———— DRY
- 1 oz Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 /2 oz Bushmill's Irish Whiskey
- 1 /2 oz white creme de menthe
- 2 oz's hot strong black coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white creme de menthe
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 square milk chocolate or bittersweet chocolate for grating
- Combine all the ingredients except the garnishes in an 6-oz Irish coffee glass or mug.
- To garnish: Fold the creme de menthe into the whipped cream.
- Spoon the whipped cream carefully over the drink.
- Using a cheese grater or vegetable peeler, shave a little chocolate over the cream.
- Variation: For a St. Pat's Day blowout, add a drop of green creme de menthe to the whipped cream and drizzle a little chocolate sauce on top.