This is an awesome treat for Holiday gathering, not to mention a big hit. It’s a hot drink that is sweet and spicy and slightly tart.
On a scale of 1 to 5
1 = My baby niece can have a sip
2 = Better buzz on light beer
3 = Comparable to Gin and Tonic
4 = After a few of these and I'm ready to dance on the bar
5 = What's my name again?
SWEET ——–|——— DRY
- Spiced Apple Cider
- 1 1/4 oz. Tuaca
- Mulling Spices
- Tea Infuser or Cheesecloth (if not included with Mulling Spices)
- Start off with a gallon of unfiltered apple cider (you can use filtered, but I prefer unfiltered). Pour into large pot.
- Place 2 Tbsp of mulling spices per quart of juice in a tea infuser or Cheesecloth (most containers of mulling spice contain special bags for this).
- Place the spices directly into the cider and bring to a slight boil.
- Cover and let simmer for at least an hour (the longer, the better). You could use store bought spiced cider, but it doesn't compare.
- Place the Tuaca into a coffee mug and top off with the cider.
- There is no need to remove the spices from the cider; you can leave them in until it's all gone.