A sweet and tangy concoction. If you’re not a ginger fan, feel free to omit it without any real taste constraints. This one is definitely different, with the sweet tropical taste of mangos being a welcome summer change.
On a scale of 1 to 5
1 = My baby niece can have a sip
2 = Better buzz on light beer
3 = Comparable to Gin and Tonic
4 = After a few of these and I'm ready to dance on the bar
5 = What's my name again?
SWEET —-|————- DRY
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1- 1/4 inch long piece fresh ginger (about 1 inch in diameter), sliced
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, pitted
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 20 ice cubes
- Combine sugar, water and ginger in heavy small saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover; let steep 1 hour.
- Strain ginger syrup.
- Cool. (can be made 1 day ahead). Cover; chill.
- Puree mangoes in blender. Pour into measuring cup. Return 3/4 cup puree to blender.
- Add 1/2 cup ginger syrup, vodka and ice cubes to blender.
- Blend until smooth.