When done properly, the finished product looks like a bloody brain. It’s a very sweet concoction that is more for show than effect. Great for Halloween parties.
On a scale of 1 to 5
1 = My baby niece can have a sip
2 = Better buzz on light beer
3 = Comparable to Gin and Tonic
4 = After a few of these and I'm ready to dance on the bar
5 = What's my name again?
SWEET —-|————- DRY
- 1/2 ounce peach schnapps
- 1/2 ounce baily's Irish Creme
- 1/2 ounce Grenadine
- In a shaker with ice, pour about 1/2 ounce peach schnapps.
- Take the chilled schnapps and fill a standard shot glass about 2/3.
- Then, take a spoon and SLOWLY pour the Baileys over the spoon into glass with the schnapps. You have to use the spoon, if you pour the Baileys directly into the schnapps, the two will mix, you don't want that. What you do want is a layer of Baileys floating on top of the schnapps. The layer of Baileys should not quite hit the rim of the shot glass, you have to leave a little room for the final step, the grenadine (the ''bloody'' part).
- Take the grenadine and put about 4-6 drops directly into the Baileys. Again, the drops are very important, use an eye dropper if you have to. What happens is the grenadine falls through the Baileys into the schnapps, taking a little Baileys with it, forming a ''bloody brain.''
- Have fun with this one, you may not get it on the first try, so don't give up. One more suggestion, for added effect, place a flashlight underneath the finished shot. Enjoy!